Tuesday, May 11, 2010

May 11, 2010 and an Ode to White Floor Boards

Today is my birthday.

"Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to Arica, Happy Birthday to me!"

I woke up feeling just like it was any other day though. Breakfast for the kids, chores, school lessons and then violin class for Tay... BUT I feel like I have the right to really linger, to take my time, because I am told... "today is my day".

So in my "lingering", I found myself "lingering" on the Internet, and eventually came across these...

I call these pictures "Ode... to white floor boards"

I LOVE wooden floors painted white. I LOVE homes with simple, clean (I guess it's really not so clean, but i find it gives off that feel) white decor. If we own a home someday (God willing), yes, I will definitely be so daring. I will paint the floor boards white (if my hubby lets me).

I think this is something you find often in Europe, which gives me another reason why I think we should move there - hee hee.




This image found here




















Last five images found here

2 comments:

  1. I love these pictures!! Is this even possible with kids? I have a black dining table set, specifically that color to prevent spills/stains from showing - there are white stains all over them!!! My favorite is the sooo inviting couch right infront of that big window. I could read there there all day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! My very first comment, thanks Naomi. That's too funny about the dining table. I would have always thought it was NOT possible with kids too, but then I read someone's comment about their own "white house" and how everything was machine washable, and they liked it better because they saw what needed to be cleaned, and i thought it made sense... I just love the look of it all.

    ReplyDelete